2018 Nominations for Summer Soccer are now OPEN!
Competition Commences Tuesday 9th October, 2018
ANU Women’s Summer 9s Competition 2018 – Information
The ANU Women’s summer 9s competition is a nine-a-side social football competition held at the ANU on Tuesday nights.
It is open to all female members of the football community.
This season, the Women’s Summer 9s comp will offer permanent referees and duty managers, this allows teams to just turn up for their games with no confusion and enjoy the social aspects.
Venue: ANU South, Fellows, and Willows Ovals
Game Times: 6pm, 6.50pm, 7.40pm and 8.30pm
- $750 per team plus;
- $12 per player for insurance for non-Capital Football players (ie. People that did NOT play in the 2017 CF Winter or Futsal Competitions).
Nominations Close: September 20, 2018 (or when maximum nominations have been received) Competition Starts: 9th of October 2017
Tuesday Nights: 9, 16, 23, 30 Oct; 6, 13, 20, 27 Nov; 4 Dec; Finals 11 Dec.
- Games are 20 minutes each way with a five minute half time break. Nine players a side (one goalkeeper). Please be on time as the Referee will start games on time and games will not be delayed or time made up.
- Six players must be on the field or the game will be forfeited.
- Teams must wear their nominated strip colour if they are listed first on the draw or white if they are listed second. Goal Keepers must wear a different coloured shirt to both teams. The nominated strip colour must not include white, and the away white shirts must not include other colours
- Teams must nominate at least 10 players but no more than 16.
- Regular football rules apply except there is no offside and no slide tackles!
- Shin guards are compulsory.
- Capital Football now requires summer soccer participants to have an FFA number. You can do this through MyFootballClub here. When you receive your nomination acceptance email there will be information on how to join the ANUWFC Summer 9s Women ‘package’ on MyFootballClub. Don’t worry too much – all will be explained shortly! Players who already have FFA numbers won’t have to do anything for now. For those who don’t, simply click the link above, and register for an FFA number prior to submitting your team nomination.
- This year ANU Summer 9s will be adhering to the Capital Football minimum age. Capital Football has advised that all players must be fifteen (15) years of age to participate in the Women’s League Open Age Competitions (includes summer competitions and competitions where there is partial age exclusion). Apologies if this impacts on your team’s nomination. We always happen to have a few individuals looking for a spot on a team if you find yourself with space.
Please remember that this is a SOCIAL competition and should be played that way.
This year teams will not be required to referee games. Due to the success of permanent referees and duty manager last season we would like to offer the same for the Women’s Summer competition again this year. Teams are asked to please note the following:
- Referees can caution and send off players off but teams should ensure that their players act appropriately.
- Players that are cautioned will be required to leave the field for five minutes, sent off players will be required to leave the field for the whole game and may face further disciplinary action.
- Teams that do not play in the spirit of the competition may be asked to leave the competition.
- Please contact the competition organisers if you have any problems or issues.
Fellows, South and Willows Ovals all have permanent nets. It is the responsibility of the 6pm kick off teams to make sure nets are moved to the correct place on the field.
Teams will be organised into three or four divisions depending on ability – for this reason teams are asked to nominate the skill level of their players and previous competition experience on the Team Nomination Form to assist the organisers in grading. Please ensure you provide ACCURATE information on grading to ensure that teams are graded to provide a similar level of competition and increase enjoyment of the competition. Teams will play each team in their division once and the last week will be finals week.
Please check your nominated email address in the event of wet weather as the organisers will advise of cancellations this way. Please do not bombard the organisers or the email address for information on cancellations.
To nominate a team, team managers should:
- provide the Nomination formCOMPLETED WITH ALL DETAILS and submit it to ANUsummer9swomen@gmail.com in an email marked: TEAM NOMINATION: [Team Name]
- the organiser will email you to accept your nomination. Please DO NOT transfer money to the account below until your nomination is accepted, once you are notified your nomination is ACCEPTED then
- fill out and have each team member sign the Indemnity Form this is to be submitted prior to playing the first game of the season.
- transfer the full registration amount, including insurance, into the Women’s Summer 9s bank account. To assist in processing please mark the payment: RegoFees: [Team Name].
Women’s Summer 9s Bank Account Details:
Name: ANU Women’s Football Club Summer 9’s
BSB: 062 903
Acc: 1065 7882
Please ensure that you inform the organisers if you wish to register players that are not included in the original nomination of the team and ensure that they:
- fill out an indemnity form; and
- pay the insurance levy;
BEFORE they play, otherwise they will not be insured or allowed to play.
Please note that only fully completed nominations will be accepted and only those that have paid for their team will be included in the competition. Once all of the positions are filled nominations will be closed. So get in early!
Please direct all queries to:
ANUsummer9swomen@gmail.com (women’s comp only)
Please be patient with the mailbox as the Organisers are not able to process emails everyday!
Further details will be provided at the Team Managers’ meeting in October.
Thanks for your interest in the ANU women’s summer 9s competition; We hope you enjoy the competition.
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org